Driving licence counterpart ends

From the 8th of June 2015 the paper counterpart to your driving licence is no longer valid. After this date, you only need to keep the photocard part of your licence.

(Note - some people haven't updated to the new photo card licence and still hold the older paper licence. Do not destroy this - it is still valid).

More information here

You might need to provide proof about your licence entitlement - for example, to hire a car. There is an online service for this:

View your driving licence information

You will need your licence number, national insurance number, and the postcode on your licence to use this service.