The new driving test: 04 Dec 2017
It's official!! The driving test will change on the 4th December 2017:
Check out the official announcement on the gov.uk website.
Don't get too worried. The length of the test will remain the same, as will your chances of passing. If you're well prepared you'll be fine.
Here's a summary of the changes:
- The length of the independent part of the test will change from ten to twenty minutes
- A sat nav (provided by your examiner) will usually be used for the independent drive. You could still be asked to follow road signs.
- The "reverse around a corner" and "turn-in-the-road" manoeuvres will no longer be tested
- You’ll be asked to do one of 3 possible reversing manoeuvres:
- parallel park at the side of the road
- park in a bay - either driving in and reversing out, or reversing in and driving out (the examiner will tell you which you have to do)
- pull up on the right-hand side of the road, reverse for 2 car lengths and rejoin the traffic